Motherhood = going crazy one day at a time!

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Tag...I'll bite

Five places I would love to see (there are soooo many!)
1-Jerusalem, yes I too want to walk where Jesus walked
2-Italy...most of Europe for that matter, but for some reason Italy has always held my interest. Ryan and I are hoping to take a biking tour there in the next year or two
3-Japan. I would love to see what I've read about and seen in pictures, particularly to visit the homelands of some of Ryan's ancestors
4-I would like to visit the little corner of the world where Ryan served his mission. Asuncion Paraguay and the new temple there, and the little tri-corner area of Paraguay, Argentina. and Brazil where he spent so much time. It would be fun to see Iguazu Falls...one of the great wonders of the world.
5-South Africa, with a little side trip to Tanzania to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Five things I never thought about when I was 25:
1-Never thought I might be done having children by 28
2-Never thought I would live across the street from my in-laws (and enjoy it by the way)
3-Never thought it might take me seven years total to finish ONE bachelor's degree
4-Never knew I could feel so happy in my life, love my husband so much more than the day I married him, and adore so much the cute little faces of my four boys. Never thought I might not have a daughter.
5-Never thought my stomach would look like a deflated balloon

6 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm so glad you "bit"! I love your answers to places you'd like to travel, and really enjoyed the part about your stomach looking like a deflated balloon. I don't understand why if our skin is elastic enough to stretch to gigantuan proportions it can't spring right back to the way it was before! :) Same goes for boobs. I've been trying to embrace my new body, but I just. can't. :)

Melissa said...

I was cracking up about the comment about your tummy. Ah the joys of motherhood. I think of how much I loved my body before Masaru!! Then I think of life without him and it makes it worth it.
I hope you get to go to Italy. It'd be fun.

Brooke said...

I want to go back to Italy with you! I hope that you get a tummy tuck, or what ever will make you happy again with your body. I think you look wonderful. I too don't love my "mommy" body, oh well, I don't plan to be done yet so no use worry about it till it's all said and done.

Leslie said...

Someday maybe I'll do something to fix my tummy up a little. I don't plan on wearing bikinis or anything, I would just like the waistband of my pants to fit properly again someday. Anyway, thanks for all your sympathy everybody

Kristin said...

I think you look amazing for having twins. Maybe we can do a two for one some day. I'll get my boobs done you can do your tummy. By the time I get around to it though, I'll probably opt for a face lift instead. Good luck with school this semester.

Clark Captions said...

Loved your post Leslie! Those sound like great places to visit. And, atleast you are going for your bachelor's degree! Something you should be very proud of...it will be such a great reward when you receive your diploma. Look at everything you have accomplished in between! Pretty awesome!