Motherhood = going crazy one day at a time!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mozart, here we come!















Many of you know that I've been looking for just the right piano for about three years. I know, three years is a long time, but truthfully, it really just comes down to money. I wanted an old upright grand and I'd hoped to get one that was already restored, but eventually realized that I might have to settle for something that I could restore bit by bit, as I could afford it. Anyway, we found this piano in Boise and drove up (and back) last Friday to pick it up. It is arts & crafts (mission) influenced, which seems very hard to find and is what we love. We may not even need to restore the exterior as much as we'd thought since it cleaned up so well when we brought it home. The inside needs considerable work, which is ok with us since we both love it. Several of you asked me to post pics, so here we go.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

It's just beautiful Les, does it have a bench or seat too? I love the mission style and hope to one day have something so beautiful. Are you going to have the boys start lessons? Ask Ryan how well our lessons went. Where are you going to put the couches now?

Claremont First Ward said...

Wow. It looks fantastic!

Melissa said...

I'm really glad that you both found what you were looking for, especially after such a long search.

Kristin said...

It is pretty. Congrats.