Motherhood = going crazy one day at a time!

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Moab 08

Well another Moab trip has came and gone with no serious damage to children or vehicles!! Phew!!!
Just a few fury teeth and more red sand in the cracks of the Land Cruiser!!
The day back is always the hardest. I really don't enjoy unpacking everything and getting things back to 'normal' but someone's gotta do it right?!?
So I'll do what I can and Dru can do the rest.
The first night Yuki didn't do so well. So Dru and I were pretty tired.
The first day though, she did excellent. So another child who doesn't mind the 4 wheeling. We're pretty lucky cause I think a 6 month old could've made the trip that much worse!! But she's Dru's child alright and loved it. I think because she's so buzy and loves being a part of the action, it was right up her alley!!
The kids always have tons of fun. I'm going to have to re-train Masaru not to just pull his pants down and pee anywhere he wants to now. He thinks the trees love it so I'm afraid I might catch him trying to pee on our trees in the yard or, even worse, pee on a neighbours tree!!
I'll have to keep an eye on him for the next few days.
It was a huge party for the children and they all played well together.
Kristin and I went to a hotel the next day while the boys 4 wheeled and watch conference. It was amazing and it wasn't until the last talk that Pres. Monson did that I finally was able to see and feel him to be my prophet. I'm glad I watched it. Sunday afternoon was AMAZING. It was my personal fav. I didn't see Sat though. So if anyones taped it, let me know.
It was also nice to have a shower!! A shower never felt so good.
We got Yuki into her own personal space and she slept like a log the next two nights. So in turn, so did Dru and I.
Monday it rained so the kids and I stayed in the pop up and read books and played. It was fun. But it stopped and we were able to pack up and come back.
I think Masaru had the best time. He talks constantly about Dusty's jeep. Every white jeep we see is "Dusty's jeep". I didn't know he cared so much. So on the last day of the trip he finally got a chance to ride in Dusty's jeep. He was in seventh heaven and Dusty was really good about it. It's the favourite car, by far!! The kids all fight over who's going to sit in the back of 'Dusty's jeep' and the most stubborn kids usually win!!
It was a great trip!!
I'm not sure if we'll get to go again before law school.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

What! no camping? I can't remember a Moab trip that was spent in a hotel. Sounds like it was a great trip even though it wasn't great weather. Hope you got your fill for a while! The pictures are so wonderful. Loved them all.

Melissa said...

Well there was camping, everyone camped except Kristin on the last night. And the both of us spent the day in the hotel on Sunday.
Glad you loved the pic's

Leslie said...

I'm glad it was a good trip and that there was no real damage or injuries...I worry every time even though the boys (big and small) love going. I'm glad it was a good trip for you especially since they may be hard to take for a little while. Thanks for helping look after my kids...they all talked about reading with you in the trailer until the rain stopped. I asked Graham how long it rained and he said, "Oh, it felt like about 20 minutes!" Ryan later said it was much longer. It's funny sometimes, kids sense (or lack thereof) of time.

Laura said...

HOW FUN!!! (aside from the rain of course). Dave and I TOTALLY want to to with the kids but for some reason... I am not sure if its going to work out before you guys leave to go to law school. I love going to Moab. Its been forever!

Melissa, I ADORE YOu!!!! you are a great great friend!

Gunnisac Sandersons said...

Sounds like you had a blast! I am so impressed that you took your 6 month old. I am afraid to take my 4 year old camping. Fires scare me. I guess you have to train them somehow right. Your kids are beautiful!

Clark Captions said...

I am so glad you guys were able to go on your trip to Moab! So fun for the siblings to be together and the cuzzies to play and get dirty. Glad you are all back home and safe!