Motherhood = going crazy one day at a time!

Friday, September 20, 2013

While the kids are away...

Momma will play!  I've been working on a birthday project for Myles while the kids are at school.  I can't decide if my need to build comes from self reliance or being uber frugal.  At any rate, Bjorn and I saw this idea for a sign in Norway.  We had two problems with it.  One, we had no way ro get it home.   Two, it was like 30 $ and my practical side just couldn't justify that for a toy.  Mr. Myles has a *slight* obsession with signs and order.  I knew this would be right up his alley.  Now because my little girls cannot keep a secret to save their lives I've had to build while they are away at school.  It's given me a taste for what it is going to be like next year when they are gone full time.  I have to say, I think im going to do just fine!  The signs are removable for different shapes.  He has a total of four posts And 12 signs.  I hope he likes them.
 

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks great Brooke.

Kristin said...

So cute. Such a funny thing to want to play with though, what does he do with them? Pretend to direct traffic? Glad you're enjoying your alone time!

Leslie said...

What a unique gift for a unique kid...it's funny what kids get into sometimes isn't it? My brothers used to be obsessed with keys. Anyway, it's amazing to me that you build things like that. For you, it's okay to be uber frugal because you are uber talented!